Cheesy Zucchini Lasagna
Two layers of cheese, a layer of mushrooms, and spinach layered between zucchini and a homemade sauce.
In the pictures I have one layer of lasagna noodles, however it was much better when I replaced them with zucchini!
- 2 cups whole baby bello mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup large cut sweet onions
- 1/2 cup chives
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and process!
- 1-2 zucchini, sliced into at least 12 steaks, about 2cm wide
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- 2 cups spinach
- Heat your oven to 350′ F. Use a loaf pan and assemble as follows: (bottom to top)
- Mushroom Mixture
- Basil Leaves
- Cover with tinfoil and bake for 45-60 minutes.
Use and pasta sauce you like, but I used my quick recipe:
- 1/2 can tomato paste or one large beefsteak tomato
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- 1 cup milk or water
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro
- 1 cup loosely packed chives
- to taste:
- Place everything into a food processor or blender and combine!